invertigo: we live in the dizzy spaces, the tipping points,
the moments where indecision decides,
the places where balance turns upside-down.
Invertigo Dance Theatre is a Los Angeles company committed to becoming a performing arts institution which makes a lasting impact on the cultural landscape of the city by:
- creating and building a pre-eminent reputation for dance theatre that is exciting, thought-provoking and accessible;
- making dance performances and classes available to communities which might not otherwise have access to them to promote physical and/or artistic empowerment;
- bringing dance classes to the physically-challenged, including people living with long-term degenerative conditions;
- taking a curatorial role in the Los Angeles dance community, giving diverse artists opportunities to collaborate, network and develop new work with professional dancers, choreographers, composers, musicians, sculptors, painters and videographers, as well as designers in costumes, set, lighting and sound;
- eventually developing our own space dedicated to rehearsals, performances, professional and community classes, and administrative work;
- paying company members and commissioned artists.
"I believe in wit, playfulness, intense physicality, and theatricality. I like to twist up ideas and images, and allow seemingly unrelated elements to give one another new dimensions.
I work with a diverse range of subjects and music, and like to create strong, memorable imagery. Inspiration for movement ranges from contemporary techniques, dance theatre, Kathak, West-African, salsa, tango, capoeira, and contact improvisation, as well as everyday observations and gestures.
I especially like surreal imagery, captivating moments, momentum, spirals, floorwork, character development, and interesting parnter/group interactions.
I’ve been inspired by working as a choreographer, dancer and teacher in the growing dance scene in Los Angeles. My work in London and experience in European dance theatre allows me to bring a new edge to contemporary dance in Los Angeles.”
Stay informed about our latest news!
Make A Donation
- You Choose