Cupid Painted Blind
- Performing again with the Independent Shakespeare Company!
- A pre-show dance for A Midsummer Night's Dream.
- Love, lust, high-octane dance and Shakespeare. . . what could be better?
Invertigo is performing again with the Independent Shakespeare Company! Cupid Painted Blind is a pre-show dance for their performance of A Midsummer Night's Dream. It explores the razor-thin edge between lust and love, wanting and not wanting, chemistry and beauty. Four dancers weave a tale of unfolding desires and the crazy things people do for love.
A new dance by Invertigo Dance Theatre commissioned especially for the Griffith Park Free Shakespeare Festival.
Choreographed by Sofia Klass and Chris Smith with new music from Toby Karlin.
Sunday, July 22nd
Thursday, July 26th
Sunday, August 5th
Sunday, August 12th
Thursday, August 16th
We perform at 6:30 and ISC begins their show at 7pm. They are a phenomenal theatre company doing amazing work bringing free Shakespeare to Los Angeles. We are so honored to share their stage.
(from the ISC website)
GRIFFITH PARK FREE SHAKESPEARE FESTIVAL
The festival stage is located at the site of Old Zoo, in Griffith Park, on the east side. There are three direct freeway access points:
1) From the Southbound 5: take the Los Feliz Blvd West exit turning right up Crystal Springs Drive almost immediately upon exiting the freeway. There may be roadworks along this section of Crystal Springs Drive, so be aware of them while entering the park. Follow the signs to make a right turn onto Crystal Springs Drive.
2) From the Eastbound 134: take the Victory Blvd exit (following signs to the LA Zoo). You will make a right onto Riverside, and an immediate left onto Zoo Drive (which will then become Crystal Springs Drive as you continue past the Los Angeles Zoo).
3) From the Northbound 5: take the Griffith Park exit, which will take you to Crystal Springs Drive. Turn right on Crystal Springs Drive.
In all cases, look for our signs along the way directing you to the venue.
You will arrive at an intersection where there are several activities including the Merry-Go-Round, Shane's Inspiration Playground, and the Wilson Harding Golf Course, as well as the Ranger Station.
Look for our signs that will direct you to Parking Lot 2 (go past Parking Lot 1) for available parking.
PLEASE NOTE: the parking here is plentiful and free, but can be a bit disorienting as there are several connected lots. Stay calm, follow the signs, and let us know if there is anything we can do to make it more clear.
From Parking Lot 2, follow the path (look for our signs) leading from the north end of the parking lot to the stage.
If you are using an internet map service, you can enter the address below. As you near your destination, keep an eye out for our signs, which will direct you to parking and the festival stage. THIS ADDRESS WILL NOT WORK for GPS coordinates: your system will get you to the park, but please read the above directions carefully.
There is no physical address for the site. However, the very nearby ranger station is:
4730 Crystal Springs Drive, 90027
Closest GPS location: 34.134204,-118.284962
IF YOU NEED disabled access, please call the ISC office at (213) 479-0952 for more information. And please--there are no seating risers so REMEMBER YOUR BLANKET OR LAWN CHAIR!
This organization is supported, in part, by the Los Angeles County Board of Supervisors through the Los Angeles County Arts Commission.
This organization is supported, in part, by the Los Angeles City Department of Cultural Affairs.
Stay informed about our latest news!
Make A Donation
- You Choose