There are many ways to get involved with Invertigo.
Development & Marketing Manager
Full-time, Hourly, 32-38 hours/wk
Summary: Manages fundraising and marketing efforts for Invertigo’s programs, including company performances, Dancing Through Parkinson’s and Invert/ED.
The Development & Marketing Manager will be an integral part of helping Invertigo reach new audiences and expand a solid base of community support. Successful candidates will be enthusiastic about Invertigo’s mission to create community and connections through dance and will be excited to share the benefits of dance with people of all ages and abilities.
About Invertigo: Invertigo’s mission is to create connections and community through dance theatre programming that is compelling, fun, thought-provoking and accessible. The organization engages with its community through three programmatic areas: performance of original works, Dancing Through Parkinson’s classes, and; the Invert/ED education program. This Fall Invertigo will celebrate it’s 10th Anniversary Season. For more information about Invertigo, please visit our website, www.invertigodance.org, and find us on social media @invertigodance.
Invertigo is committed to treating all employees and artists with respect. We do not discriminate based on any of these characteristics: age, race or ethnicity, color, religion or creed, gender identity or expression, national origin or ancestry, disability, veteran status, or citizenship.
Accessibility and inclusion are central to our mission and we strive to live these values on a daily basis in our interactions with staff, artists, donors, audiences and community partners, as well as in our hiring process. We have ambitious goals, we work hard, and we value the efforts of others.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Individual Giving: Work with Executive Director to create strategies and schedules for two individual giving campaigns each year. The Manager will follow through with implementing and managing the campaigns: working with designers and printers to create materials; sending materials via email, web postings and direct mail; entering gifts into our PatronManager database, and; ensuring timely acknowledgement of donations.
- Grants: Maintain a grants calendar of application periods and deadlines; research potential funders, and; write copy and collect materials for LOIs and proposals. Work with program staff and Executive Director to make sure funded projects comply with grant requirements. Ensure that reports and invoices are submitted accurately and on time.
- Special Events: Lead event planning efforts for fund-raising events, such as pre- and post-show receptions, donor appreciation events, and gala celebrations. Recruit and manage volunteers; purchase or rent food, beverages, supplies and equipment, and; make sure event staff and vendors are paid in a timely manner.
- Strategy: Work with Executive Director, publicist and program staff to create strategies and schedules for institutional and programmatic marketing, then implement and manage aspects of the campaigns. This may include writing and distributing press releases; scheduling interviews; arranging cross-promotions with other organizations, and; arranging comp tickets for press.
- Communications: Create and collect content for our website, e-blasts and social media and ensure that Invertigo’s communications are consistent and on-brand. Compose email drafts in MailChimp. Respond to mentions, questions and replies from email and social.
- Website: Update and help manage Invertigo’s site, which is hosted on Drupal.
- Ads: Help place ads via Google AdWords, Facebook, and paid advertising online and in print; manage ad sales and trades for placement in Invertigo’s playbills.
This position reports to the Executive Director, but will also work closely with the Artistic Director, program directors, and publicist. This position regularly interacts with a wide variety of people, which will include program staff, interns, board members, and artists. As a member of a highly-collaborative small organization, other duties and responsibilities will arise. This may include supervising interns, helping with box office operations, or maintaining office equipment.
Travel: Invertigo has regular programming across the LA region, as well as an increasing amount of programming outside of the LA area. Travel within LA County can be expected once or twice per month and travel out-of-town may be required once or twice per year. The Development & Marketing Manager will manage special events and attend performances on weekends and evenings several times per year. We will be happy to share more details about dates and locations of potential job-related travel during interviews.
Attributes: We are looking for someone that thrives in a collaborative environment and is also self-motivated and able to work independently. Personal time management, attention to detail and being able to handle multiple projects will be crucial to success in this role. Excellent communication skills are essential: asking pertinent questions, providing helpful feedback and updates, speaking confidently on the phone, and writing clearly and effectively in a variety of styles.
Before you apply: We will be happy to train the right person and provide professional development to help develop skills. However, we are looking for someone that already has some relevant experience and knowledge of non-profit operations. We will only contact qualified candidates for interviews. For example, we are looking for someone who could, if provided information and resources, complete any of the following in their first week:
- Proofread a grant proposal for impeccable grammar and check that all requested information and attachments are provided in the correct formats
- Compose posts for Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
- Request pricing quotes from printers
- Submit an event to a local events calendar
Apply: If this job sounds like it was made for you, please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. In your letter, tell us about your experience doing some of the items listed in the job description. Please send any referrals and questions to this address, as well. Thanks for your interest!
Join the board
Invertigo seeks to expand its dynamic board of directors. If you'd like to help guide us onward, upward and sometimes upside-down as a member of our board, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Become an Invertigo artist
We are not currently holding auditions, but we love getting to know the wonderful dancers in our community. Send an email with any questions or comments, join our mailing list, come to class, see a show and introduce yourself, and talk to us on Facebook and Twitter. (Helpful hint: Facebook is the quickest way to know when classes and auditions are happening. Our eblasts are a close second.) We want to know you!
We collaborate with artists in many media, including musicians, set designers, video artists, costume designers, interactive media artists, physicists, medical care providers... the list goes on. Please send a resume, a sample of recent work and a short description of how and why you would like to collaborate with Invertigo to email@example.com.