Friday - Sunday, July 13 - 15
Friday and Sunday, July 20 & 22Independent Shakespeare Co. Stage
Griffith Park, near the Old ZooFree Event
How Now, Spirit!
a dance prelude for Independent Shakespeare Company
We're back at Griffith Park this summer for our 10th season of performances with the Independent Shakespeare Company. Bring your blankets and picnics for this fun and free annual event.
Directed by Laura Karlin
Performed by Kyreeana Breelin, Adrian Hoffman, & Isaac Huerta.
Solo Choreography by Kyreeana Breelin, Cody Brunelle-Potter, Laura Karlin
Trio Choreography by Kyreeana Breelin, Adrian Hoffman, Isaac Huerta, Laura Karlin
Duet Choreography by Christian Farjado, Adrian Hoffman, Isaac Huerta, Laura Karlin, Sadie Yarrington (as part of a performance originated by Sadie Yarrington and Laura Karlin)
Music by Screamin' Jay Hawkins, The Flamingos, & London Grammar
Five performances @ 6:30pm:
Friday - Sunday, July 13 - 15
Friday, July 20 and Sunday, July 22
We perform at 6:30pm and ISC begins their show at 7:00pm. They are a phenomenal theatre company doing amazing work bringing free Shakespeare to Los Angeles. We are so honored to share their stage.
KNOW BEFORE YOU GO (from the ISC Website)
- All summer performances and special events are FREE! Donations are gratefully accepted.
- No reservations for performances are required.
- We encourage your consideration of those around you! Low seat beach chairs (legs lower than 3") are welcome behind our chair line. The lower area closest to the stage is reserved for those with picnic blankets.
- As a courtesy to those around you, we ask you to leave your four-legged friends at home.
- We welcome children at our performances! However, these are not Shakespeare performances edited or changed for children. Shakespeare wrote about the human experience, and his plays include examples of sexuality and violence, and deal with adult themes. Email us and we'll be happy to answer any specific questions you may have about particular performances. And please, keep your children with you at all times.
- There is an uphill walk from the parking areas to our performance site. If you have mobility challenges, please call us at 818-710-6306 to make arrangements.
- Don't forget your picnic! (Note: alcohol is prohibited in Los Angeles City parks.)
- Dress in layers as it gets chilly in the evening.
- We have a concessions tent with hot and cold beverages, sweets treats from The Village Bakery & Café (a local Atwater Village small business), kettle corn, light snacks and Habey’s Shakes (“The Bard of Shortbread” cookies baked in NYC especially for Independent Shakespeare Co.) Cash and credit cards accepted.
- You may find that bug spray and sunscreen are also helpful to bring with you.
- For disabled access, please call us at 818-710-6306 for information and to make arrangements
Are you still reading? In that case, please know that we truly appreciate you and are delighted to perform for you. Thank you!