Work With Us
There are many ways to get involved with Invertigo.
There are currently no open part-time positions.
Become a Teaching Artist
Invert/ED is the dance education program of Invertigo Dance Theatre. We emphasize creative ownership and interdisciplinary learning. Classes develop teamwork, innovative thinking, physical awareness, and creativity. We offer classes, performance-workshops, residencies, and community-building events for a range of ages, from elementary to high school, and abilities. Invertigo is currently seeking teaching artists for school day (8am - 3pm) and after school (3pm - 6pm) programs for the 2019/20 school year. Artists typically teach 2 to 8 hours a week for 8 to 10 weeks at a time.
Position Responsibilities (included but not limited to):
- Teach movement classes or workshops that include improvisation, technique, teamwork, partnering and storytelling while building class community.
- Develop appropriate curriculum and lesson plans, including for mixed-level and mixed-age classes
- Track participant attendance.
- Develop a final performance for long-term residencies. This may include helping students create work or setting choreography for the students.
- Collaborate with Invertigo Admin to steward community and school partnerships and execute special projects.
- Travel to location for classes (DTLA, Culver City, West Side, Valley, etc)
- 3+ years of teaching experience in movement/dance
- Currently works as or has recently worked as a professional dancer
- BFA, BA or Advanced Degree in related field (dance, theatre, education, etc.)
- Ability to design curricula for different age groups and abilities
- Ability to differentiate instruction for diverse populations
- Interest in teaching the creative process, improvisation and technique
- Experience working with special needs populations is a plus
- Experience working with State Curriculum Standards is a plus
- Bilingual in Spanish/English preferred
- Valid driver's license and vehicle
- Willing to submit background check, fingerprints, and TB test results for schools
Teaching Artist is paid hourly for classes, planning time, and meetings. This is a part-time employee position, schedule/hours may vary and depends on program schedule and needs.
To Apply: Submit cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. In the cover letter, please include a brief overview of your dance and teaching experience, populations you have worked with, and your daily availability starting January 2019.
Invertigo Dance Theatre is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive and equitable environment for all employees.
Join the board
Invertigo seeks to expand its dynamic board of directors. If you'd like to help guide us onward, upward and sometimes upside-down as a member of our board, please contact email@example.com
Become an Invertigo Volunteer
Are you passionate about the arts and want to make a difference in the community. Invertigo is seeking passionate and dedicated volunteers to help at events, in the office, and at classes. If you are interested and would like more information please contact Brittany Gash at firstname.lastname@example.org
Become an Invertigo Intern
Invertigo has currently filled it's Summer 2019 Internship positions. Please check back with us in September of 2019, to learn more about our Fall internship opportunities.
Become an Invertigo artist
We are not currently holding auditions, but we love getting to know the wonderful dancers in our community. Send an email with any questions or comments, join our mailing list, come to class, see a show and introduce yourself, and talk to us on Facebook and Twitter. (Helpful hint: Facebook is the quickest way to know when classes and auditions are happening. Our eblasts are a close second.) We want to know you!
We collaborate with artists in many media, including musicians, set designers, video artists, costume designers, interactive media artists, physicists, medical care providers... the list goes on. Please send a resume, a sample of recent work and a short description of how and why you would like to collaborate with Invertigo to email@example.com.